Our Rivers Our Common Future
TELL YOUR STORY
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. Let your users get to know you.
About the project
Water is one of the most essential element of any kind of life on earth and in both quality and quantity we are facing a difficult period in the coming decades. Clean water bases are diminishing while the demand for water is increasing which unpleasant fact is recognized even by world leaders
As teachers we cannot sit back and watch the future of water passively, we have to be proactive in its preservation for the upcoming generations. The most influential way we can act is to create a meaningful educational program/project that educates students about its strategic role in life.
The geographical positions of the participants cover most of the European continent and Asia Minor which enables the project to cover a wide range of aptitudes and needs.
The basic priority behind the project is to lay the methodological foundation of ‘good practices’ together with the teachers involved in the project. Creation of a methodological model, which enables us to make an interdisciplinary educational program for the ages of 14-17 at secondary level. With the help of the program students will understand the importance of water, and how much it intertwines with all fields of life. It is also essential for students to understand the vulnerability of water bases, and the diminishing quantity of resources, and help them with finding ways to sustainable water management.
The project is completely established on the basis of creating an innovative and multidisciplinary teaching material that is proven and justified by the international partnership in an authentic way.
1. The host countries make educational resources (lesson plans, task sheets, test sheets etc.) prior to the meetings in accordance with the idea behind the project. The hosting school prepares them according to their profile and role thus providing an opportunity to get to know the many faces of water in a holistic approach.
2. The partners prove and justify the educational resources which were created in advance in the first one or two days of each project meetings. This all happens with consideration of the facilities of the host school. This is to take place under the management of the hosting school by proofreading and trying the previously created lesson plans, tasks etc.
3. The third day includes partners creating the improvement and supplementation of the resources based on consensus.
4. The fourth and fifth days of the meetings are to deal with horizontal objectives of the application, including:
- supervision of our web site, and setting goals for improvement for the next meeting
- supervision of the 5 language dictionary on the topic
- fine tuning of the text in the Charta, its harmonization with national priorities
- presentation of ready multimedia materials, setting the concept of them based on consensus (contents, length, etc.).
5. The outcomes, teaching materials created at the meetings will be tested at each school’s own premises in one month after the meetings. The fact of the trial and its effects will be documented and shared with partners.
Professional educational teaching resources in printed and electronic versions: sample lesson plans with materials included, field observation sheets, measurement classifications, description and methods
Creation of audiovisual and multimedia materials that support the teaching resources
Creation of Water Protection Charta, which is to represent European Unity and responsible, active citizenship with the opportunity for open on-line registration thus establishing a database for our dissemination activities
5 language dictionary on the topic in printed and electronic versions, the latter is part of our website that can be developed in the project period.